Monday, February 11, 2013

The Necessity to Write



Only recently have I realized the correlation between the breath and my need to write.  Both are events which occur without much thought until the desperate moment when my soul become starved from lack of it.  Indeed, as the industrious Captain Phillips experienced when cast overboard, the survival instinct surfaces as oxygen is depleated.  Writing becomes oxygen and a fight-or-flight instinct to sit in silence and create is no less the survival process for an author.

Many have contacted me asking what to do when that urge to create bubbles.  Unaware of the "tools" needed to write, these talented authors struggle to "breathe" life into their story.  How to do it is the question..."how do I survive with this story screaming to surface?"

The thought crossed my mind that perhaps my brief experience as a published author, screenwriter and now producer might be of benefit to some.  The resulting shift in my intention for this blog site steers a different course for the words to be written on this site.  That intention will be to write for authors, historians, film creators and those who hunger for the means to release their story.  My hope is that I can offer something of substance to you.  This is done in humility and with the sincerest desire to share experience only, never assuming that you (my very learned collegues) are lacking.  In fact, the opposite is the case....I desire to learn from you as well and hope this blog will become a forum for authors, writers, visionaries, creators and imaginations everywhere.  Indeed, that is the title of the blog and the intent from the beginning.

Please return and partake of my experience, learn from my mistakes and successes and let's move forward as creators and imaginaries together.  Until the next post....

Namaste ~

No comments:

Post a Comment