Saturday, July 31, 2010

Book Review - by Amanda Felion

While reading Midnight Omen Deja Vu by Marti Melville, I couldn’t help but crave the sea. So I took Midnight Omen to the beach, planted myself in the sand with the salty sea smell in the air and the waves in the background and read. Marti took me on a journey from a busy Emergency Room where Katherine worked as an RN, to the middle of the sea onboard the pirate ship, Revenge, with a bunch of yuck mouthed pirates and the emerald eyed Captain John Phillips, where Kathryn had been taken in a previous life for her magical healing abilities. The moment Kathryn set foot on the Revenge, I was onboard that ship with her. From there Kathryn learned more about her abilities, how to use them and how to survive onboard the ship with the pirates. Kathryn is in for a journey that takes her from fear of the pirates to caring for them and wanting to take care of them, and even falling for Captain Phillips. When I finished the last page I looked out over the ocean and expected to see a large ship with the Revenge’s flag blowing on the horizon.

I can’t wait to return to the sea and find out where Marti takes me next!

No comments:

Post a Comment