Sunday, August 15, 2010

Comfort Chaos

Several of the sites I write on (ie: Blog) feel more open to a general public review. For whatever reason, this blog feels different...somehow more personal. I have posted the blog below on several sites tonight but felt that I wanted to make it a little more meaningful here. So here goes....

It's difficult to see a loved one leave. I have one son who just landed in the Middle East on his second deployment a few days ago. I have a daughter who will be someone's wife on Saturday. My baby leaves for college not long after that. In the middle of all of these plans, my daughter-in-law arrived with both children. What a wonderful reminder of the circle of life that surrounds us all. As some leave, others arrive. Yesterday's activities are stashed away as precious memories while todays events are relished. All of this blends together into one big chaotic series of experiences we call life. And so it was for me tonight....

My house has been chaotic for the past several weeks. Only six days remain until my daughter is married, five days remain until my son and his family arrive from Denver, four days remain until Wendy is here, three days until the last of the food preparation is planned, two days until I get to go to the gym and one day until work starts again. People are bustling and blowing through here like a torrential flurry of fall leaves on a blustery October evening. I'm not keeping up....but I'm loving it all.

Tonight, my grandson climbed onto my lap, laid his head in the crook of my arm and fell asleep. The chaos circlied us like sharks in a frenzy...but we stayed still, peaceful in the midst of it all as I rocked him to sleep. This moment was mine as I memorized his sweet slumbering face.

The moon just waned and chaos followed, as it should. There is bliss in this kind of chaos and I'm glad for it.

Have a very happy, chaotic week!

Marti

No comments:

Post a Comment